If you handle marketing for your business, there's no doubt you have a Facebook page. (If not, we need to talk immediately!)
In all seriousness, being a page manager is a lot harder than most people think, especially with Facebook's constant innovation. Sure, Facebook is trying to make its product better for users, but to us marketers constant change can be a whole lot of navigating “where the heck did that tab go?” or “what new thing do I have to learn this week?” or “images are resized AGAIN, ugh!”
It can be exhausting, but there is a silver lining and a little insider secret for you, my friends. Every month Facebook actually lets you in on important changes through its Facebook Business blog. Yes, you can actually be in the “Facebook insiders club” and stay up to date by checking in on the changes for both small businesses and agencies.
Most months include a summary article of updates, but you can expect new innovations and important news weekly. So what are the latest things to know? Here are a few highlights:
- Facebook now has a searchable list of trusted small business marketing partners that you can contact based on what you need help with, including ad campaigns, media buying, content marketing, community management and more.
- If you consider yourself a Facebook marketing expert, you can apply to become a Facebook Marketing Partner in specific areas.
- Facebook is investing in new technologies to provide the best data measurement possible. This means fine tuning its current metrics to provide more accurate information. Expect better metrics in the future.
- Facebook recently had a data reporting error that inflated the reach for its video metrics and issued a formal apology to marketers.
- If you’ve wanted to learn more about website pixel tracking codes and how they can help with your marketing efforts, here’s a recent article that explains how the Facebook pixel works and gives specific tips for using the pixel on your website.
Welcome to the club!